Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yesterday's Hair- A Little Asian

First I just have to say THANKS to all the fun hair blogs out there. I can not believe how many fun ideas you have!

This is what we ended up with yesterday. I am usually starting out with NO ideas until I get going. Little Bean is a good sport to let me just experiment ;)

"Red Day in Kindergarten"
I threw together a couple of little bows to match her Red Day Clothes and did a 6 french braid bun thing.
I parted the her just above the ear to the other ear. Then had her lay her head in a chair and french braided from the bottom up... it is hard to see in the picture, but if you look it is there.
Then I sectioned (not well) down the middle and then spilt that in half giving me 4 sections. On the outside I did a French braid and the inside I did a reverse french braid (can anyone tell me the name of that?)




You can see the last part best in the above picture. I just gathered the 3 braids from one side and put in in a bun with the ends spiked out (she was wearing a cute Chinese dress and I thought it all came together nicely).
I will get better with the pictures but you get the idea?!?!

1 comment:

Toni Marie said...

holy cow! what a hairdo! I never bothered to learn anything but the plain ol braid..i guess i better get crackin! those are so cute! nice job MOM!