Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hair with Ribbon

This do was inspired by Chic Clips
I had to change it up a bit because Little Bean's hair is not really long enough for loops. I started by parting the hair from just about the ear to just about the ear. The I did 3 parts on top and what else? French braided them :)
Then with the 3 braids I did 2 braids, giving me 6. Then I pulled the 2 from the right over to the left and the left to the right. I secured them with elastics and some of the left over hair on the bottom. Then I pulled the middle straight down and put it all together with a blue ribbon-yup it is blue day, and Little Bean does not own blue!- I am lucky enough to be working with a little bit of natural curl so I just put a little hairspray on the ends to keep the frizz away.


There you have it.


This is just a variation of what I have all ready shown. First section the hair as close to the front hairline as you can. I did 5 little sections across. Then I placed the ribbon behind the small sections and secured the ribbon right at the ears with tiny little clips.




After spiting the hair to make the zig-zag over the ribbon I took half of the end section and braided it into a on the side french braid. I did this to both sides and then made a twisted bun and finished it off using the same ribbon around the bun.



Lesson Learned: do something other than a french braid!

1 comment:

Toni Marie said...

i need to make time in the morning to do something cute like this w/my girls hair..a headband is cutting it!